Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas at our house 2015

I had so much fun decorating our new/old house for the holidays this year. Last year we still had a long list of work that needed to be done and didn't quite feel at home yet. We still have that list but it's not as long. 

I had a couple more decorating projects I wanted to do but ran out of time. I usually keep it pretty simple, but I really enjoy taking my time putting everything together. I fuss and fiddle, craft and make until I run out of time. 



We hung the garland right before Thanksgiving and I worked on the front urns on and off for a couple days. The garland is from Home Depot. I cut it in the center and reattached it so both sides of the garland is hanging in the same direction. I learned that nifty trick from the talented Deborah Silver @Dirtsimple



In the living room I mixed fresh evergreens and an old faux magnolia garland from pottery barn on the mantle. A fun deer basket is filled with silver and black ornaments and paper white bulbs planted in mercury glass pots are starting to sprout. I planted them late but they have grown so much since I took this picture. 




I made a little forest of bottle brush trees on the coffee table and included a toy truck hauling a Christmas tree in the back. 




This is Hank the Christmas moose. Our daughter has a huge collection of plastic animals that she doesn't play with anymore so they usually come out for the holidays. 




A peek into the family room. It has lots of windows that look out to the backyard, we always seem to gravitate to that room. 




Last minute I added some greens to our tiny banister. When we first moved here I got really excited one morning when I was looking at a picture of a beautiful staircase decked out for the holidays. I realized I had a banister to decorate (This is my first house with a second story) and came running into the living room to take a look at what I had to work with (the risers were in terrible shape and ugly wallpaper lined the walls) and laughed at how small the banister was. In my mind at that moment, I thought I had a much bigger space to work with. I'm kind of silly like that.






I wrote a post about the dining room tree here. 




I made this huge wreath for above the mantle but it was too big, so I hung it on the chalkboard wall. Super easy to put together. I bought the grapevine wreath at a craft store, stuffed preserved moss and a variety of evergreens inside and called it done. 


I have a thing for cloches. 


  
From our home to yours, have a Merry Christmas!

I am sharing with The Nesting Place for her annual tour of homes. 


7 comments:

  1. londen, your home is gorgeous! love the dining room- that sideboard!!!! and love the tv area as well! merry christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Londen, everything looks fantastic. I love the simplicity of it all. Very charming. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all! Especially that cloche collection!! Your home has such warmth and your joy to the world is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really late to this party, but I have a thought regarding the greens on your (admittedly)small banister.

    Instead of putting the greens on the banister, what would it look like if you were to weave garland through the spindles, so that the garland rested on the treads? Perhaps the garland could even drape down a bit, giving you a bigger bang for your buck.

    I love the Joy to the World. Very appropriate at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your decorations! I am going to have to remember that trick with the garland. Genious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this. very interesting information. i like with express my support of your ideas in your article, and looking forward to your next article. wallpaper purchase online

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sebelum dan sesudahnya saya ucapkan terima kasih untuk penulis blog ini karena telah membuka komentar publik untuk semua orang dan untuk berbagi pengalaman dengan setiap pengunjung blog ini....
    penjelasan seterusnya
    penjelasan selanjutnya
    penjelasan lebih terpercaya
    penjelasan lebih akurat
    penjelasan lebih detail
    penjelasan lebih lengkap

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE