Friday, August 18, 2017

Ikea Falov Sofa Review

When it comes to buying upholstered pieces, I go one of two ways; buy the very best you can afford and it could last a lifetime, or buy something inexpensive, knowing it will have to be replaced down the road. 

When I was in my twenties I purchased a floor model sofa from Ethan Allen for a great price. It was well loved for years until the fabric wore out and it needed to be reupholstered. Having large furniture reupholstered isn't cheap, I think I paid around two thousand dollars including the fabric about ten years ago. The cushions held up great over the years and they never looked squished or saggy but the piping on the seats was starting to wear out again. It was time to take a good look and decide if I was going to invest in this piece of furniture again and have it reupholstered for a second time. I realized I wanted something a little longer with a washable slipcover. 

I've been eyeing the slope arm sofa from Restoration Hardware but it had mixed reviews about the cushions not looking good after a while and I didn't want to take a chance because of the price. Then when Ikea came out with their new Farlov line it stopped me in my tracks. They are not identical but there are similarities. 





                                                                      RH Slope Arm Sofa


I was excited to check out the Farlov because the price is amazing, it has a washable slipcover and its really deep, which we like for lounging. I also like the simple arms, much less bulky than our previous sofa. 

The first thing I noticed about the Farlov was the fabric on the slipcover. It isn't very soft and has a weird textured look that I didn't like. I knew right away this sofa would be amazing with a custom slipcover. 


As far as comfort goes, it's definitely not as comfortable as the Ethan Allen sofa was, you don't sink into the cushions the same way. But the depth, single seat cushion and slipcover sealed the deal. I'm excited to have a new slipcover made from a company called comfort works. They make beautiful slipcovers for Ikea furniture and custom covers as well. 

I can't wait to show you what I chose! Follow along on Instagram if you don't already.


11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous room my friend! Would love to see more of your lovely home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to buy the Farlov chair and ottoman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do the cushions hold shape over time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far so far so good! I’m still really happy with our purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know there is a 12 word phrase you can speak to your partner... that will trigger deep feelings of love and impulsive attractiveness to you buried within his chest?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, adore and guard you with his entire heart...

    12 Words That Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to work harder than before to take care of you.

    In fact, fueling this all-powerful impulse is absolutely important to having the best ever relationship with your man that once you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll soon find him open his mind and heart to you in a way he never experienced before and he will recognize you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly interested him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you hear there is a 12 word phrase you can tell your man... that will trigger deep feelings of love and instinctual attraction for you buried inside his chest?

    Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, cherish and guard you with his entire heart...

    12 Words That Fuel A Man's Desire Instinct

    This instinct is so built-in to a man's genetics that it will drive him to try better than before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

    Matter of fact, triggering this powerful instinct is absolutely binding to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that the moment you send your man one of the "Secret Signals"...

    ...You'll instantly notice him expose his heart and mind for you in a way he's never expressed before and he'll distinguish you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly appealed to him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent Blog! I would like to thank for the efforts you have made in writing this post. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. 야한동영상

    Please visit once. I leave my blog address below
    야설
    야한동영상

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a Excellent post. I hope to contribute & assist different customers like its aided me. 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great internet site! It looks very expert! Keep up the wow Grt Explain Sofa Cum Bed

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE