Thursday, October 18, 2018

swing arm sconces and a gallery wall


I am really excited to share our most recent home project with you, so much so I had to write a post about it! I have been thinking about adding swing arm sconces to the gallery walls here in the living room for a while now. They would add cozy charm to the room, highlight the photographs and add a nice layer of light with the lamps we already have in place since this room doesn't have overhead lighting.


Sounds lovely right? Well there was one problem. Hiring an electrician to cut open the plaster walls to add electricity, then having someone fix the walls was not something we wanted to deal with. 


There had to be a way around all of that added expense and mess, but how? How can we add the charm of a sconce anywhere we want without electricity? Well Brooke Christen came up with the genius idea to add a puck light inside the sconce. She even coined the term "magic light trick". Brooke shares all of the details with lots of inspiration on her blog Nesting with grace.


That's right, these babies are running on batteries! I hot glued the backside of the puck into the sconce, the top piece screws off so I  can replace the batteries as needed.


The puck lights I bought even come with a remote that has timer and dimmer options.


The Lights I went with were a great price, they were brushed silver and I wanted black so I spray painted them. You can find my sconces Here. It would have been easier to buy sconces that were already black but my sweet husband surprised me with the silver ones for my birthday and I liked the brass accents, so I painted them. You can find a set of two similar black sconces here if you want a magic light trick or two for yourself.


It was time consuming meticulously taping them off before painting, but it was worth the effort.



 I love how they turned out. 



I will share some pictures and video of how they look at night over on my Instagram account @sixtyfifthavenue.





Now I've got my eye on a spot in the dining room that would really shine with a"magic light trick" (I couldn't help myself with that one, ha!) I found a few more inexpensive sconces below that would look great (click image to shop) and the puck lights we used.

 

25 comments:

  1. they look SOOOO amazing and that tip is life changing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cassie! It really is, I keep seeing new places to add another sconce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These lamps are very creative and I need them to decorate my room. https://www.diyopiun.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are you so looking Lamp. Through your Lamp Every one more decorate of Dinning room.But you make more decorated lamp if you can shape of packaging .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flexible light fixtures that can be placed on your desk! Need pillow cases floral, you can refer to the list www.diyqztoh.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is waiting -

    And making money with it is as simple as 1..2..3!

    Here is how it works...

    STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products you intend to promote
    STEP 2. Add some PUSH BUTTON TRAFFIC (this ONLY takes 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the system explode your list and upsell your affiliate products all by itself!

    Are you ready???

    Click here to start running the system

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. Well done!
    Willis at River Lighting provides hand-crafted lighting industrial pendant lighting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site ์˜จ๋ผ์ธ๊ฒฝ๋งˆ

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a very good site, well constructed and very interesting i have bookmarked you hopefully you keep posting new stuff ์นด์ง€๋…ธ์‚ฌ์ดํŠธ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! This article could not be written much better!
    ์•ผ์„ค
    Also visit my web site ์•ผ์„ค

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free stage like or go for a paid alternative? There are such a large number of alternatives out there psychology assignment uk that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this best stuff with us! Keep sharing! I am new in the blog writing. All types blogs and posts are not helpful for the readers. Here the author is giving good thoughts and suggestions to each and every pay to write my dissertation reader through this article. literature-essay Quality of the content is the main element of the blog and this is the way of writing and presenting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If we are going to talk about murals, it is a harsh reality that there are people who do not appreciate artworks like this. I fell bad, but there is less that I can do; I want them to realize that murals are beautiful and worth appreciating. But I simply don't know where to start. Sometimes, I think of writing as my way to influence people to appraiser things that should be appreciated. I don't know if that is going to be essay writing help effective, but I want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This amazing glass accent bowl change the look of any home - super affordable and luxurious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing such a great information.This post gives truly quality information.Up to 20%* discount off the Suggested Retail Price (SRP) for purchases of a new 3-year subscription (excluding taxes) on the following products: AutoCAD Your purchase price today is locked in for the full 3-year period.Buy online securely from our autodesk official partner store www.pisoftware.in. Fast, convenient and 24x7.Autocad License

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dining room Buffet Cabinets to organize your space is now available at Grayson Living. Store the kitchen essentials in a beautiful sideboard buffet that matches your dรฉcor.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Modern Shelves are a great way to store items while also making them more aesthetically pleasing. With so many options available, there is no need to feel like you're settling for something that doesn't quite fit your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Post
    Looking for reliable and accurate translation services Malaysia? Look no further than Malaysia Translators! Our team of expert translators provides high-quality translations in a wide range of languages. From legal documents to technical manuals, we have the expertise to deliver accurate and timely translations. Trust us for all your translation needs in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  20. website marketing is speaking to all people coming to your site, no matter where they are in the cycle. By understanding this you will be able to maximize conversions on your buy coursework Help

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for this web site post and discussing your own results together with us. Very well performed! I think a lot of people find it difficult to understand paying attention to several controversial things associated with this topic Best term paper Writing Service

    ReplyDelete
  22. A must-have for creating temporary partitions. Oregon

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE