Monday, June 21, 2010

Container Planting

Thank you sweet bloggy friends for all the wonderful get well wishes! I loved reading your advice and kind words. After a very long week, I am starting to feel better.

Buddleia davidii 'Peacock' Photo: Courtesy of White Flower Farm

I found this picture the other day and love everything about it. The container and the flowers are gorgeous! The main plant used in this container is a butterfly bush or buddleia davidii. And yes, they really do attract butterflies. We dug a new garden and planted two of these a while ago and they are just starting to bloom. I never thought to plant them in a container... so pretty.

Have a wonderful day!

8 comments:

  1. Londen,

    What a gorgeous picture! My little ones decided to plant, sunflowers, green beans, & carrots from seed in containers, yes carrots in a container...What can I say they are 3 & 4. We had our first bloom today, it is a BIG day around here. Everything looks great in a container, it made me want to stick containers in with our other plants (never got around to it). Glad you are feeling better, I hope the kids don't get sick!

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture and any plant that attracts butterflies to the garden is perfect! I have a container that looks almost identical to that one, although my plant isn't quite that perfect looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lavender colors are so right this time of the year; hope you are feeling better; sending you warm wishes.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! Thinking I might snag that idea for our front steps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plant many things in containers. You can even plant certain Japanese Maple trees in containers, I have read. It gives such interest and texture to the outdoor space to include plantings at different heights. I love the butterfly bush!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with the bench in the background. My neighbor has one and I just love the design. I really want to get one for the garden. I am so glad you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh P.S....I can't stop thinking about your potting table that you did. Once again you have inspired me... i'm on the hunt now for the right table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bench too Amy! Good luck finding a table.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE