Monday, June 21, 2010

Container Planting

Thank you sweet bloggy friends for all the wonderful get well wishes! I loved reading your advice and kind words. After a very long week, I am starting to feel better.

Buddleia davidii 'Peacock' Photo: Courtesy of White Flower Farm

I found this picture the other day and love everything about it. The container and the flowers are gorgeous! The main plant used in this container is a butterfly bush or buddleia davidii. And yes, they really do attract butterflies. We dug a new garden and planted two of these a while ago and they are just starting to bloom. I never thought to plant them in a container... so pretty.

Have a wonderful day!


  1. Londen,

    What a gorgeous picture! My little ones decided to plant, sunflowers, green beans, & carrots from seed in containers, yes carrots in a container...What can I say they are 3 & 4. We had our first bloom today, it is a BIG day around here. Everything looks great in a container, it made me want to stick containers in with our other plants (never got around to it). Glad you are feeling better, I hope the kids don't get sick!

    Best wishes,

  2. Great picture and any plant that attracts butterflies to the garden is perfect! I have a container that looks almost identical to that one, although my plant isn't quite that perfect looking :)

  3. Lavender colors are so right this time of the year; hope you are feeling better; sending you warm wishes.....

  4. Stunning! Thinking I might snag that idea for our front steps!

  5. I plant many things in containers. You can even plant certain Japanese Maple trees in containers, I have read. It gives such interest and texture to the outdoor space to include plantings at different heights. I love the butterfly bush!

  6. I am in love with the bench in the background. My neighbor has one and I just love the design. I really want to get one for the garden. I am so glad you are feeling better :)

  7. Oh P.S....I can't stop thinking about your potting table that you did. Once again you have inspired me... i'm on the hunt now for the right table!

  8. I love that bench too Amy! Good luck finding a table.