Friday, June 25, 2010

Paint Sprayer Take One

Last weekend I was ready to try out the paint sprayer I bought off craigslist. It was a great deal for five dollars and has never been used. I didn't say new because it's from 1986!

I have such a passion for transforming old pieces of furniture and giving them a new life. I'm hoping this will be the answer to get a better finish and get the job done quickly. Time is of the essence when you have a four year old!

                                                                   Here she is circa 1986.

My sweet husband got me all set up with a spraying station. Very professional, don't you think?


I started by practicing on some old frames that I forgot I had from a garage sale. Unfortunately I couldn't get the paint to spray nice and even so it was time to pack it up for the day. Off I went to do a little reading on the subject and find out how to properly thin the paint.

The weekend is here and I am ready to give it another try. I have three friends waiting for me to perfect my technique so I can spruce up some of their finds. I am so excited about that...wish me luck!

17 comments:

  1. Good luck. You must share the results...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo, fun! Again, I so wish we were neighbors. :) Can't wait for you to share your perfected technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted a paint sprayer! Look forward to seeing the end results.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. First off, LOVE the new look! Secondly, how much fun will that sprayer be!!! What a great find, I would be a painting fool... Have a great weekend and HAPPY PAINTING!

    Best wishes,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to see how everything turns out:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's so pro! I have always wanted a sprayer, but usually it ends up being a can :) Can't wait to see how the frames come out, and the projects to follow. Have an excellent weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 dollars! That is great!I am sure once you get it down you will be painting like mad!
    Have a pretty night!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so happy you found one for $5. It's a great price to pay to see if that is a route that will work for you. If it does, can you please give us a little tour of how you use it properly. I consider myself a pretty handy person and I bought an HVLP (I'm embarrased to say how much I spent on it) and haven't gotten it to work for me properly yet. I know I need to get an airless but just keep using a brush and roller. Hope yours is a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great score for 5 bucks!
    I had a bit of trouble with mine to begin with. Just had to thin the paint right. There was ALOT of overspray too so make sure there's nothibng close-by that you don't want covered in spray mist.Good luck with it.
    Angex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the paint sprayer!
    It seems very fun to do
    Can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Londen--Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I thought I would take a quick peak at yours and have spent entirely too much time here :) I love your ideas (butterfly project-amazing!)and your knack for designing on a budget. Will be sure to follow your updates.

    Oh, and I'm pretty jealous of your sprayer and paint station!

    Keep in touch,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, the things I could paint with a sprayer and a paint spraying station...huh, what was I saying? Just daydreaming about your paint sprayer :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a great sprayer! I would love a tutorial on how to....I have zero experience with spray painting. Happy Painting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to have a little paint spraying station!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome, you are so lucky to have a husband that is willing to set up a spray station let alone not give you grief for ruining his grass and he came home with that dresser for you? Wow...nice

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for sharing. Its informative and full of information.
    Airless Spray Gun

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE