I was tagged by Cassie @ Primitive & Proper to reveal 15 things you might not know about me. This came at a perfect time since I have been thinking about how I come across here on my blog. I don't think I let my silliness or sarcastic nature come out enough and would like for you all to get to "know" me better.
Ok, here we go....please don't hold me to the fascinating part, this may not be very exciting.
1. When I first started Sixty-Fifth Avenue, I didn't tell anyone I knew for a couple months. I was so shy about it for a long time...and I'm normally not a shy person.
2. While we are on the subject...Mr. 65th is the one who got my blog started for me. I had been talking about it for a while but wasn't sure how to get started or if I was ready....I am not very computer savvy. (One time when I first started, I accidentally changed all the font white....I thought I wiped out all of my posts for an hour or so. Mr. 65th thought that was hilarious. It is pretty funny!) I guess he got tired of me talking about it because one night he grabbed the computer and got me all set up in about a minute. Sixty-Fifth Avenue was named after the street we live on.
3. I worked in the dental field for many years before the little one came.
4. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a professional figure skater.
5. I am a total chicken. Or scaredy cat...whatever you want to call it...that's me. For example, if Mr. 65th is traveling overnight for work, I don't sleep very well at all.
6. This one goes along with number five. I hate to fly. I do it because I love to travel but I always think the plane is going to crash. Bad turbulence brought me to tears once....embarrassing I know. Once, on a long trip, Mr. 65th surprised me with a little gift once it started getting rough. I was so surprised and excited I snapped out of being afraid. From then on, he has been giving me a little something special every time we fly.
7. We were engaged for only two months. Mr. 65th proposed in August of 2002 and we were married October 30th.
8. We were married on the island of Maui. We already had our trip planned and had talked about how wonderful it would be to get married there so we made quick plans. I wouldn't change a thing!
9. The little one came four years later. She was born seven weeks early because of complications....my liver was starting to fail. As soon as she came via C-section I was fine. The little one did great too, she only stayed in the Nicu for eight days. That was one of the scariest times in my life!
10. I am an only child.
11. I love Mexican food and margaritas.
12. I watch the bachelor and bachelorette. I can't help myself.
13. I don't enjoy cooking. My Dad is a wonderful cook and is finally realizing I won't take after him in that aspect.
14. We have music playing at our house all the time. We do a lot of dancing too.
15. I dream of owning my own shop set up in an old house. I would sell my painted furniture and pretty things for the home and garden.
Do you have something you want to ask me? Ask away! I would love to answer any questions about myself.