Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Meet Big Red

Meet my new air compressor, Big Red. We were out doing a little painting with the paint sprayer yesterday and I thought I would introduce you. She's big and a bit intimidating but I like her.


I finished up the other part of the bedroom set I bought to spruce up and sell. I wish I could find furniture like this more often.


First we have this sweet scalloped bed...


Can you believe we have all these leaves on the ground already? They came from a tree that sits on the outside of our fence. It leans over our yard and looses its leaves faster than any tree around, it's almost bare!


Here is the matching dresser...


First I sanded them down with medium grit sandpaper, primed then sanded again with a fine sanding block.


Then a few light coats of paint sanding one more time between coats.


I think these pieces would be perfect in a little girl's room, don't do you think?




22 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness gracious. Big Red was quite a catch! They turned out beautifully!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pieces are beautiful! The leaves are just now starting to turn here, but it's funny our neighbors Cherry tree has already lost all of it's leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...big red is awesome!!!! I am dying to get a compressor and paint sprayer......I think that would be sooo much fun!!! painting by hand is for the birds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must to want spray everything in sight with that beauty! You'd better tell your husband to watch out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! Beautiful results with the sprayer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh those are sooo pretty and girly! love that dresser!!! thanks for joining my party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are sooo pro! I can't believe all these pretty pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pieces are so great. I wish I had a paint sprayer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love your big red! he made your bed and
    dresser look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may just need to invest in a big red. I paint by brush and your finish looks wonderful. A great transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful job London - and as for Big Red??!! Wow, you guys are serious over there at 65 Ave! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Big Red! When did I get so old that I'm jealous of your beautiful air compressor?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The dresser is stunning. The detail is so pretty and I love the finish the sprayer gives. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I wish I could find furniture like that more often too! It is to die for! It looks beautiful painted white! I like Big Red too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I covet your Big Red, I have 12 kitchen chairs that need repainting.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so good! I wouldn't know what to do with an air compressor!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you and Ms. Red are going to have a very happy future together. Are you selling the pieces on Craigslist? It would be hard for me to let that bed and dresser go- they're just gorgeous, especially in white.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it! Big Red rocks! The dresser and headboard are lovely. Have a happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. im so jealous that you have the space to do that. the furniture looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love what you did with the bed and dresser! You make these projects look so easy to do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These pieces came out great! Good job!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE