Tuesday, December 21, 2010

my favorite part

My favorite part of decorating for Christmas is bringing in fresh greens and creating something pretty for the tables.


I use all kinds of things to put them in each year...the one for the dining room table is really a candle holder. I lined it with plastic and used florist foam, I love that stuff!



I forgot what kind of flowers these are so I call them snowflake flowers.


Our little hallway got some good smelling greens too.



Are you loving the faux candles as much as I am? I wasn't so sure about them when I first saw them but now I want some big ones too.

The little one filled the votives with snow and we put this "winter in the forest" vignette together using a couple of her toy deer. The miniature urn is from her fairy garden and it's filled with ice. If I had more cloches she could have made a hundred of these, it was a lot of fun.



This tinsel topper is one of my favorite things. I try to come up with different ways to use it. This year I put it in a silver bowl that Mr. 65th uses to catch his wallet, change and phone when he comes in the door.


I used florist foam again and a few different kinds of greens, this is so quick and easy to do.


I just layer them all around until it's all filled in. I might add some white roses later.


I make a huge mess and I love it!



Off to get the house clean, we're having friends over tonight for a little Christmas party.


Sharing with Cottage and Vine Tour of homes   All things Heart & Home

Visit thecsiproject.com

30 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love fresh greens, the smell is awesome!

    Merry Christmas, friend! Hope it is wonderful!!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the arrangements! stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, londen! i love the fresh and natural touches- they create warmth and smell nice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet your home smells great! It is just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fresh greens! And I'm sure your house is smelling fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, your centerpiece looks so beautiful... as does your tree in the background!
    Happy Holidays!
    ~ Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, i love it. saving to my inspiration file for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMMMMMMMM...I can almost smell those greens through my screen! I love your arrangements and that vignette with the deer is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks beautiful Londen! Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Hugs~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty! I like the paperwhite in the background too!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks beautiful!! You are a seriously talented floral arranger. The little reindeer vignette is so cool:) How creative! Merry Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Soo pretty! I swear I can smell the fresh greens through the computer ;)My favorite are the ones overflowing from the green pitcher in your hallway(?)

    Btw - thank you so much for stopping by my site! And, in response to your question, I live in Ohio :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So fresh and gorgeous! Hope you have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have serious floral skills! Beautiful! Enjoy your evening with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a gorgeous centrepiece, and the little deer in the bowls adorable, and fun! Sonia :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I am in love with the greens that sit on the clock. so gorgeous! Have a wonderful time tonight. Enjoy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your greenery arrangements are gorgeous. I have used lot of greens this year, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty arrangements...you are really good at this. Thanks for the instructions and the wonderful inspiration. I bet your house smells heavenly!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! I love using fresh greenery this time of year!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. you are amazing! everything looks so professional!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have the "touch" Londen. I love your natural style and the vibrant greens are so fresh looking. I especially like the image with your wall gallery in the background.

    Thanks so much for joining the party! Merry Christmas!

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are all very pretty. The white flowers are called Fuji Mums if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful centerpiece! Love the frames in the background...looks like a wonderful place to spend Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love to see so much creativity at the holidays!! Your centerpieces and vingettes are beautiful!

    Come and enter my Giveaway from My Sparrow, you will love it!

    Joyeaux Noel!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are gorgeous! So glad to have found your blog via a comment you left on Rambling Renovators! I'm your newest RSS follower.

    ReplyDelete
  26. love all the fresh greenery! everything looks beautiful. Thanks for visiting me and your comment on my blog!
    Merry Christmas--
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love and fresh and natural your Christmas decorating is (was?...I'm finding this after the big event!) So pretty - thanks for the wonderful inspiration for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your arraignments. Fresh greens are the best as look so pretty and smell amazing.

    ReplyDelete

 

Site design by FABULOUS K CREATIVE